Lead is a highly toxic metal and a very strong poison. Lead poisoning is a serious and sometimes fatal condition. Lead is found in lead-based paints.
Children are more susceptible to lead poisoning because their growing bodies absorb more lead than an adult body will, and their brains and nervous systems.
Lead is a soft, naturally occurring metal used in many products. most vulnerable to lead exposure because they absorb it more easily than adults. Toys coated with lead paint can be dangerous when the paint is ingested.